Thursday, April 2, 2009

SPRINGTIME AT OUR CONDO

I wanted to share some pictures I took around the first of March. The first one is a picture of a wreath I made. Around the first of February I started looking for a wreath for our front door that would be springie (I know that's not how you spell it---I'm pretty sure it isn't even a word in the dictionary, but it sounds fun)! All of the wreath's I looked at were expensive, so I decided to get creative and crafty. So I made a trip to Michael's...(we don't have a Robert's here, it's sad :-( but true) and bought the stuff to make a wreath. I had a lot of fun making it. I have to confess I didn't make the bow; I just can't make bows! So I'll thank some one very special (I can't tell you who) for making it for me!




The following pictures are taken from our deck. I took these the first part of March also. I was watching our twin granddaughter's, Carissa and Maia one day and they thought we had "popcorn popping on our trees"! The blossoms were absolutely beautiful, but now they are gone! :-(











6 comments:

  1. WOW - that wreath is amazing. Way to go, crafty lady! Oh, and you're welcome for the beautiful bow. ; ) Kidding. I wish I had that sort of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way California looks in the spring! It's my favorite! Love the wreath! Dad did a great job making the bow!

    btw-you can check the spelling when you write your post. There's a spell check. But you're probably right, it's probably not a word. But it's cute anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! Wow, you were up early, Kelly! BTW---dad didn't make the bow, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm! I dont know who made it then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful wreath, and the bow is great! Springtime in Ca. is great....the boys and I saw "popcorn popping" on the trees everywhere! That's Bryan's *favorite* song!
    Mom, you were up late....no surprise though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on the wreath Mom! Great photo of it too! It's nice to have such pretty trees to look at from your window. Mystery solved: Scott is the one made the bow!! He is so multi-talented!

    ReplyDelete